THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW..........
* You are required to present a prior registration for each and every vehicle you wish to renew. ~RSA 261:148
If you do not have the registration, you will be required to purchase a certified copy for $18.00 per registration, to be presented for renewal.
* If you are transferring your current registration to a newly purchased vehicle, you are required to surrender that registration. ~RSA 261:148 IV
* Title applications may only be signed by the person to whom the vehicle has been sold. ~Otherwise, notarized power of attorney is needed. RSA 262:1
PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO BREAK THE LAW
* Because of the high volume of business done in this office, we no longer provide quotes or estimates by phone. ~We can provide this information if you present the paper work in person.
* ~We do not notify you when it’s time to renew ~
* The Clerk’s office has offered online registration renews since 2006!! Please click on the “Online Registration” link on the Clerks page or from the Town’s homepage on the right-hand panel.
* Dog licenses need to be renewed by April 30th. ~If you no longer have a dog, please let us
* Yes we can notarize documents! A Notary Public witnesses a person signature. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING until you are here in front of the Notary. There is no charge to notarize a RESIDENTS’ document.