Town of Newton, NH
If you own real estate lots that were involuntarily merged by municipal action, you may be able to have those lots restored to their pre-merger status.
RSA 674:39-aa- Restoration of Involuntarily Merged Lots.
- Lots involuntarily merged by a municipality (for zoning, assessing, or taxation purposes) prior to September 18, 2010 shall be restored to their pre-merger status at the request of the owner provided
- Request is made prior to December 31, 2016; and
- No owner in the chain of title voluntarily merged the lots; all subsequent owners estopped from requesting restoration. The municipality shall have the burden of proof to show that any previous owner voluntarily merged his or her lots.
- Requests for "un-merger" to be made to the local governing body, whose decisions may be appealed pursuant to RSA 676.
- The restoration of the lots to their premerger status shall not be deemed to cure any non-conformity with existing local land use ordinances.
- This notice must be continuously posted in a public place from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2016. Each municipality shall also publish the same or similar notice in its 2011 through 2015