Here is where you can see the progress of the Fire/Rescue Station. We'll add new updates as needed.
- October 10, 2017 -- The steel for the building delivered.
- September 21, 2017 -- The cement for the foundation poured.
- September 13, 2017 -- The cement for the footings poured.
Here's a brief history of how we got here.
- September 5, 2017 -- The Ground Breaking Ceremony was held on on site at 8 Merrimac Road. See video for ceremony.
- August 28, 2017 -- Eastern Seaboard Concrete Construction started site preparation for the building.
- August 14, 2017 -- The State of New Hampshire granted the Town permission to start the foundation. We are still waiting for full Alteration of Terrain and Driveway Permits to be approved.
- July 18, 2017 -- The Town sent out a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Construction Manager and received 6 sealed bids. From those 6 RFP's the Board selected Eastern Seaboard Concrete Constuction and signed the contact.
- April 27, 2017 -- The Board of Selectmen entered into a contact with Port One Architect to design the new Station.
- March 14, 2017-- During a blizzard, the voters of Newton NH approved the Fire/Rescue Station Bond to the tune of $1,691,880.