Library cards are requested to be presented and scanned when checking out materials.
(Effective September 15, 2004)
The purpose of the Circulation Policy is to provide staff and library users with guidelines for the acceptable use of library materials. This policy is designed to preserve the interests and rights of all library users, keeping in mind that the Gale Library is a shared public resource.
General Use of the Collection
- Any library card holder in good standing (i.e. with no overdue materials and/or fines) may check out materials in accordance with the Gale Library policies.
Circulation Periods / Limits
- A limit of 3 new releases (less than 3 months old) per patron.
- Books, Audio Books, Magazines, Maps, Games 3 week loan period. (1 day grace)
- 3 week loan period. (1 day grace)
VHS and DVDs
- A limit of 3 DVD titles per patron per loan period.
- Unlimited VHS titles
- 1 week loan period (1 day grace)
Museum / Activity Passes
- Loan period is unique for each pass.
- Patrons who use passes are expected to follow the individual terms of each pass.
- All circulating materials may be renewed twice either in person, by phone, or online, unless material is on reserve.
- All circulating materials may be held on reserve for a period of one week.
Returns / Book Drop
- Materials may be returned to the library during open hours, or in the book drop. DVDs, CDs and VHS videotapes may be returned during open hours, or in the specified DVD, CD, and VHS drop.
- Any materials catalogued and/or marked “Reference Use Only” are not available for loan. These materials may be used only in the library.
- Overdue materials are determined at the circulation desk by the automated system. Materials are considered overdue until they are renewed or returned to the library. Overdue materials will accrue fines.
- Fines are calculated by the automated system when materials are checked in at the circulation desk.
- Fines must be paid before other materials are checked out.
Loss of Borrowing Privileges
- Failure to return materials or to pay outstanding fines over 2 months overdue warrants a loss of library borrowing privileges. Borrowing privileges will be restored once materials are returned and fines paid.
- Excessive abuse or neglect of library materials that are beyond repair* will result in termination of library card. (*Missing pages, Burn marks, Spillage, Water damage, Smoke Damage)
- Detainment of library materials warrants a loss of library borrowing privileges. Further, the Gale Library reserves the right under NH RSA 202-A:25 to take legal action against any card holder who detains library material and property. This will occur only after (no less than) three (3) attempts have been made to notify the card holder of this violation.
- Repeated failure to comply with library policies may result in a loss of library privileges.
Adopted and Approved__________