Where do I get a 20 day temporary plate?

Temporary plates can be issued at any DMV with a proper bill of sale.  The plate will only be issued to the person to which the car was sold, otherwise, another person would need written permission from the buyer. 

Town Clerks DO NOT issue temporary plates.