Effective immediately, the Board of Selectmen unanimously approved opening the Town Beach and Greenie Park to Newton Residents only with the following restrictions:
- Groups are restricted to ten or fewer and beach towel groups must be separated by 12 feet.
- BBQs are prohibited until further notice.
- Ball games are prohibited. For example: throwing around baseballs, kicking soccer balls, throwing Frisbees or playing any beach volleyball at this time.
- Cloth masks should be worn when social distancing is not possible except while swimming.
- For the time being, the Town Raft will not be put in the water.
- The beach parking lot continues to be for Newton residents only.
- Lifeguards will be on duty beginning June 8, Wednesdays thru Sundays. Newton Police and Lifeguards will strictly enforce all restrictions. Punishment could result in individuals being permanently prohibited from the Town Beach.
- All other Recreation Town Beach Ordinances not altered in this order will remain in effect.
The Board approved, on a temporary basis, to allow kayaks to be launched and retrieved at the Town Beach. Kayaks must be removed from the beach when not in use.
- Groups are restricted to 10 or fewer.
- The playground equipment will be closed until further notice.
- Tennis courts, ball fields and basketball courts will be open.
- Small group workouts or pickup games of 10 people or less are allowed.
- Cloth masks should be worn when social distancing is not possible.
- The parking lot is for Newton Residents only.
- Newton Police will strictly enforce all restrictions. Security cameras will be used to monitor adherence to guidelines. Punishment could result in individuals being permanently prohibited from the park.
- All other Recreation Ordinances related to Greenie Park not altered with this order will remain in effect.